If your child is currently insured with Superior Medicaid or Superior CHIP this important notice is for you.
First things first: WE ARE COMMITTED TO CONTINUE TO SERVE YOU AND YOUR FAMILY AS YOUR PEDIATRIC PROVIDER.
Here are the details regarding the upcoming changes with Superior:
- As of August 2, 2018 Hendrick Medical Center, Hendrick Physician Practices, and Hendrick affiliates will be out of network (i.e. not covered by Superior).
- We ARE NOT included in “Hendrick Physician Practices” and will continue to be available for your child’s medical needs after this date.
- Should an emergency occur and our staff refer you to the Emergency Department, we continue to recommend that you go to a Hendrick Medical Center ER for evaluation so that we can provide for your child if he/she is admitted to the hospital.
- We are recommending that if you wish to continue on as our patient, please call 1-800-964-2777 and follow the prompts to request the following:
- If your child is currently covered under Superior MCO: Request to change your plan to Firstcare STAR or Amerigroup STAR
- If your child is currently covered under Superior CHIP: Request to change your plan to Molina Healthcare
- These changes will take 30-45 days to complete so please make this change ASAP
- As of December 10, 2018 we will also fall out of network with Superior. HOWEVER, we are hopeful for and advocating that a resolution be met by this date
For families who are covered with Superior Foster Care:
- Currently Superior is the only insurance provider for foster children in our area.
- Again, we remain committed to continue our relationship with the foster families for whom we provide care.
- At this time, we recommend that no action be taken, however, please continue to watch our website blog and Facebook page closely for important updates.
If you have any questions about these changes please feel free to call our office at 325-677-2801.