Cabin fever is a real concern of parents during this time of social distancing, but it is imperative that we all try to stay away from crowds and each do our part to stop the spread of COVID-19. We know that kids will be getting more than the recommended screen time during this time (we get it, we have kids too!) so here are some ideas to help keep them busy while school is shut down:
- Indoor sock “snowball” fight
- Pull out the classic games like Monopoly, Life, and Sorry and show your kids who’s boss!
- Have a baking or cookie decorating competition
- Find a new recipe to try and make it together as a family
- Make some slime:
- Try Drizzly Cloud Slime! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKS4Z4FinTI
- Backyard camp out (once the weather is better)……….or just set up a tent inside
- Have your kids set up an obstacle course for each other and time one another, trying to get faster with each try.
- Check out some drawing videos for kids. All you need is paper and colors/markers:
- One of our favorites is “Art For Kids Hub” because kids of almost any age can follow the instructions
- Learn to draw Baby Yoda at https://youtu.be/a1NT7aWr_ow
- Gonoodle.com has indoor recess to help get your wiggles out and get some exercise in! These videos are even fun for adults.
- Virtual field trips:
We would love to hear which ones of these you tried and liked, and any other ideas you’d like to share with others families! Leave your thoughts in the comments section below.